Posts Categorised: News
Free Website SEO Report from Smarter Websites
Find out how your website is performing!
Want to book a time to chat about your plans for world domination?
(Rather than email bantering back and forth for the best time, schedule that here)
SCHEDULE MEETING WITH PETER: Click Here
Wow lots happening here at the ‘Leisure Inn’ with sports, check out their current offers!
Currently available for any major game in any sporting code – ALF (derbies, finals, etc), NRL (finals, etc), Bledisloe, World Cup games, any grand finals, UFC, boxing, etc.
You pay $49 and get 3 hours schooners of anything on tap in the sports bar, a burger or steak sanga + a souvenir stubby holder. Also reserved seating in a spot for premium viewing. The three hours starts from 30 minutes before the event and responsible service applies.
Also check out these amazing meal offers, if you want to join the Loyalty Card offer just simply ask, or pop in to our offices we have many to give away!
Book online or call 08 9527 7777
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD ~ VOTING IS NOW OPEN!
The 2019 RKCC Mineral Resources Business Awards are almost upon us, have you voted yet for your favourite business choice award? The voting is still open get your vote in and make it count! Head over to the survey by simply clicking on the link below and answering a few simple tick boxes!
Again this week look out for Wayne on Sunrise
Advanced Airbrush It’s actually on another time during this weeks Sunrise show. Promo for Sam Mac cheers guys!
Also seen on Studio 10
People are often shocked when their website gets hacked.
Many business owners think that because their website is not a ‘big brand’ website, or maybe because it’s not a high traffic website, that they are safe and hackers wouldn’t be interested … but this couldn’t be further from the truth.
Your customers and potential clients need to be able to trust your website, and your business, and hackers can leave your reputation in ruins. Let’s face it … they are just criminals with a techy bent.
Why do hackers attack seemingly insignificant websites?
Hackers use any site they can get access to for many types of hacks, but all for one reason – to make money from someone else’s vulnerability.
So it doesn’t matter if the site has huge traffic numbers flowing to it daily or it is a small site with not much influence yet. In reality, with so many people trying to build their own websites these days, it means the smaller sites are easier to gain access to.
How do these cybercriminals use your website for their own gain?
There are several ways they use your website for criminal purposes. These include but are not limited to:
- Hosting phishing pages
- Mining cryptocurrency
- Hosting spammy pages with their own links
- Sending spam emails
- Adding redirects to content on their own site
- Attacking other WordPress websites from your site
- Installing malware
- Stealing data
Let’s look at these in a bit more detail.
Hosting Phishing Pages
A phishing page is a sneaky way for hackers to gain your information by pretending to be someone they’re not. There aren’t too many people in this day and age who haven’t seen one of those emails asking for you to confirm your banking details.
Once you’ve provided that information, they then have full access to your data and can login to the real site as you and cause havoc.
Because your website initially has a squeaky-clean reputation with Google, initially they won’t warn people about it being a dangerous page to visit. Eventually though, once it’s been reported, your website reputation is gone, and you can be blacklisted.
This is quite a complex process where the hacker uses the resources of your website to mine for cryptocurrency all over the web. It can be quite lucrative for them … until they get caught!
Hosting Spammy Pages with Their Own Links
This is a favourite of hackers all over the world because Google likes your content. You are only put up legitimate content so when hackers plan spam pages and links into your site, Google initially thinks its good content.
This boosts the results for the hacker and when you add up all of the little sites like yours, they are hacking it turns into big results for them.
Sending Spam Emails
Email clients have a variety of ways they ensure only legitimate emails get delivered. Their business is to block spam to keep their customers happy. To do this they have SPAM filters.
These filters block email addresses who send spam by using their IP address. This is called blacklisting.
Hackers like to take advantage of the fact that your IP address and reputation is pretty near perfect so they can use it to temporarily send out spam emails, until your IP address gets blocked.
Great for them … bad news for you. Then the hackers move on to the next unsuspecting victim.
Adding Redirects to Content on Their Own Site
They try not to make these obvious, so they don’t usually redirect your whole site over to their online assets.
When hackers use this redirection technique it allows your site visitors to go directly to their site without having to click on a link. They avoid detection by only using certain URLs, device types such as mobile phones, and browsers like Chrome only.
Attacking Other WordPress Websites from Your Site
This is where the hacker uses a bot to utilise the resources from multiple websites. Your website is used as a platform to carry out their work because of it’s clean non-blacklisted IP.
A particularly malicious way to ustilise your website for their own gain is by installing malware. This software installs itself of the computer of everyone who visits your website.
The negative effects of this type of attack are great. This can cause your website to be blacklisted, it can cause your customers to get upset with you and your search engine ranks can be negatively affected for a long time.
Don’t think the only data hackers want is credit card details. There is plenty they can do with data that is collected on forms and username and passwords. They can use this information to try to login to other websites.
In conclusion, it doesn’t matter the size of your website or how expensive your hosting is … criminals will work out a way to use your site for their own personal gain if they can gain access.
Smarter Websites can help you get your site back if you’ve lost control of it. We can put in place the infrastructure you need to be as safe as you possibly can be.
Tell Tale Signs of Anxiety, Loneliness and Depression
At Samy Medical we are fortunate to have a number of psychologists who are willing to bulk bill our patients when referred by our doctors. Anxiety and Stress is a problem in our society and psychologists see a lot of young people of late. Naturally, the cost is a factor for many of them and being referred to a psychologist entails a regular gap that is not affordable and they do not complete the course of treatment as recommended by the doctors.
4 Ways Parklife Group Can Make Your Brand Stand Out
Starting a new business can be daunting, especially when it comes to cutting through the noise. Think about it; there are millions of other businesses out there competing for the spotlight. That’s why having a brand that stands out and grips the spotlight is important. What better way to have a fighting chance than teaming with a design agency who knows their stuff. Here are four ways Parklife Group can make your brand stand out!
01. Parklife Group does their market research so your business doesn’t fall behind
Research is an important part of creating your business. When you researched how your competitors stacked up when it came to their products and services, did you also look at their design? That’s where we come in. You know how your products work. You know the kind of services you want to offer your customers.
At Parklife Group, we look at the design aspects of your branding. We research your competitors and see how they stack up. From there, we take your branding a step further. We make sure your business doesn’t fall behind and blend in with the crowd.
02. Our designers at Parklife Group know how colours work to make your brand stand out
A recent branding package we completed for Chaston Financial Solutions
Neon pink doesn’t go with muddy brown. Colours affect us mentally and emotionally, and it plays an important role in marketing.
As designers, we know how colours work. We understand how different colours help people engage with your brand. We know the right combination of colours that will give your brand the bold standout effect it needs while making your customers act the way you want them to.
03. A designer makes sure your branding is professional, polished, and timeless
A branding package we completed for The British Brekkie Co.
Your skills with Paint, Google Images, and PowerPoint isn’t going to cut it if you want a stand out brand.
Having a professional, polished, and timeless brand design is essential to give your business a fighting chance in the market. Unlike other cheap online marketplaces that offer plagiarised designs which can tarnish your business’ reputation, at Parklife Group, we create custom logos and a brand that is yours alone.
04. With a Parklife Group, your brand is seamlessly integrated into digital and print formats
Stand out branding is consistent branding. Your brand doesn’t begin and end with a logo and a business card. Branding is print and digital. Our design team can design other essential branding and marketing material for your business such as vehicle signage, DL brochures, and letterheads. Do you have a Facebook page? We can also design your profile picture and cover image. What about a creating and designing website for your business? We can do all of that as well. Our in-house copywriter writes all your website content as well!
Do you want your business to stand out?
We offer various branding and website packages to help you create a strong and memorable brand that stands out above the noise. Find out more about the branding packages here. Do you want to have a friendly chat about your branding and what we can do for you? Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 9524 7621!
Assisting you to ensure your employees reach their full potential.
How do I know what to look for when choosing a digital marketing company?
There are thousands of digital marketing companies out there offering Google and Facebook and, as a business owner myself, I know how confusing it can be deciding on who you should spend your marketing dollars with.
When selecting a marketing company to look after your advertising, these are the things to look out for:
- Are they a Google Premier Partner? Premier Partners are audited by Google for the performance of their campaigns. The person managing your campaign is Google certified and a master at building campaigns to give you your desired outcome such as more calls, leads, sales, brand awareness or engagement. Keeping up a high standard means you’re in good hands! They also have a direct contact within Google which means that they have access to new Google features and applications.
- What type of reporting do they offer? You should be able to access your reports when you want to. Your marketing company should have a reporting dashboard which allows you to access the data 24/7 and transparent digital marketing companies will record and track all the calls they are delivering so you can see your true return on investment (ROI). You should be able to see all your keywords, not just the top performing ones, as well as how much you are paying per click. Be warned, some companies will add a margin to your clicks. Make sure you ask the question! You also need to know if you own the data. Can you have campaigns set up using your business account, not theirs? This is important because if you decide to stop using that company you may lose all the keywords and text ads that have been written. Essentially you are starting from scratch which will mean it will take up to 3 months build up momentum with the campaign again.
- Where is the work being done? So, if you bought the campaign in Australia, the person managing the campaign should be in Australia, right? That isn’t the case for a lot of agencies who outsource to save costs. The problem with that approach is that it can take time to action changes when required and their terminology can sometimes be different to ours. I’ve seen a scrap metal wrecker coming up for used car sales even though all they do is wreck the car for scrap metal, and that’s down to a simple mistake because of a misunderstanding.
- What’s a reasonable management fee to pay to manage your advertising? A lot of businesses will charge a management fee and take a margin on top of the clicks. Transparent digital marketing companies won’t have any hidden fees. A good provider will charge anywhere between 20 to 35 per cent management fee and won’t take a margin. Again, make sure you ask the question.
- Can they provide case studies? A good digital marketing company should be able to provide you with examples of results from other businesses in your industry, to give you an idea of the results you could expect for a certain advertising spend.
- Negotiating the contract term. Many business owners want flexible month-to-month contracts, while digital marketing companies will want you to sign a contract. Before signing any contract, you should clearly understand the pricing, contract length, renewal status and cancellation procedure. You need to consider that many digital campaigns, particularly pay per click (Adwords) and SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) programs, take several months to build results. You need at least four months for the campaigns to be optimised for Adword and SEO takes a minimum of 6 to 9 months to show real results, so longer contracts are sometimes needed to get the desired objective.
I hope that’s given you some insight on what to look out for when it comes to choosing a digital marketing company. If you would like more advise on digital marketing, please feel free to contact me directly on 0413 444 025 or email@example.com.
Digital Sales Specialist